The Moti family has thanked South Africans for their support and prayers as the search for their four kidnapped sons continue.
After more than 48 hours since Nazim and Shakira’s sons, 15-year-old Zia, 13-year-old Alaan, 11-year-old Zayyad and 6-year-old Zidan were kidnapped there’s no clue as to where they are.
The Moti brothers were abducted on Wednesday after the car they were being driven in en-route to school was cut off by two others along the Tzaneen bypass before seven men made off with the boys.
Speaking to eNCA, Social Development MEC Nkakareng Rakgoale says the family has received overwhelming support from South Africans.
“The family is very, very thankful for the support, the prayers, the messages the people of Limpopo and around the country they are giving to them. So I think that in a way it’s a way comfort. No one who is a parent or a sibling or anyone wishes to be in the same situation.”
Rakgoale says the Limpopo Government has assembled a team of specialists in various fields who are working around the clock with police and the Moti family in locating the Moti brothers.
South Africans have once again been urged to come forward with any information that will assist the investigation or the whereabout the brothers.
Humanitarian and human rights defender Catherine Constantinides says at 12pm on Friday South Africans will stand in unity and pray for the Moti brothers and their family.
“Today marks the third day since they were kidnapped on route to school earlier this week. These are our children, let us share their picture far and wide & ask that any info gets brought forward!”
Family Lawyer Philip Smit says he believes the Moti brothers will be found safe and has urged South African to continue supporting and praying for them.